Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

The first steps...

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: The first steps...

Great work Bosi!

Well done!

You should be so proud of yourself.

Bosi, which topics in the examination did you find the most challenging?

Well done and all the best!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: The first steps...

Thank you Sofeopka!

I spent good 10-15 mins on the very first question trying to find an answer in all available publications, and I was so wrong thinking how easy I can navigate in all those pubs :)

2nd question was also not an easy one, and at that point in time I thought I am not going to make exam at all if I continue spending too much time on each question. It was demoralizing as first 20-25 mins has gone into nothing because I still couldn't find the answers.

However the following questions were calculations (my favourite ones), so I have completed all other questions within the next 1.5 hours (or 2 hours from the start). I was surprised when look at the clock and having an 1.5 hours extra.

Then during the last 1.5 hours I went back and "corrected" some questions, of which some were probably already correct, but making mistakes could happen when over-correcting.

I also had external distractions, someone was mowing the lawn outside the school for good 2-3 hours and examination room was freezing cold.. I'm not trying to find excuses here:)

My KDR contains topics that I thought I knew well: engine temp, carby heat, mixture, then noise exposure... so don't know what to tell.

Advice: don't spend too much time on any particular question. Do the "easy" ones first, then redo again. I strongly suggest going through all BobTait prep questions and extras, and try to understand the reason for answers and confirm the references in publications (VFRG, AIP, ERSA..). The questions won't be the same, but they will be from the similar area... and bring some warm clothing just in case :)

Good luck !
Cheers

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: The first steps...

Hey Bosi.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide me such a great answer.

I can not be more thankful for your information it is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks a lot.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: The first steps...

G'day Stjepan

I'd suggest having a look at this thread as it has some good advice

www.bobtait.com.au/forum/instrument-rati...udy-and-pifr-vs-irex

Cheers

Another personal aviation milestone achieved today. Passed my PPL flight test, hopefully official paper licence from CASA arrives soon.
In the mean time IREX is progressing ok (could be better), doing aerobatic and spin endorsement, enjoying every moment when flying. Thanks everyone for help. Cheers!

• Stuart Tait

Congratulations Bosi

Great to hear of your progress

Cheers

I decided to learn more and today passed my first CPL exam - Met.

No career aspirations, just happy to be a Private pilot with all CPL exams..

I think anything after IREX seems "easy"..

Thanks BT and everyone!

PS.
Learning in aviation never stops!

Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Congratulations great achievement

Exactly 2 years ago my aviation journey started and it didn't stop, nor it will stop. It's a relatively long list of achievements/endorsements that I have obtained during my journey and I feel that every piece of information helped me being a better pilot.

Today was my last CPL exam, which was straight forward after passing IREX and all other exams before..

Big thanks and credits to Bob Tait and his Team for helping me on the journey. Also big thanks to Instructors and forum members for your input. Finally, this wouldn't be possible without support and patience from my family whilst balancing beween work and family commitments.

The next on the list are PIRC and AGRA, then maybe ATPL and LAME, just to keep me up to date with the knowledge.

I was wondering wheter there are any plans in the future to publish books for aforementioned exams ? I love my books, however all ATPL books are coming in some plastic folders and for the amount of $ I would prefer to have them in a proper book format. It doesn't need to be hard cover.

Once again thanks everyone !

Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Congratulations Bosi

All the best for your future studies

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds