Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

• dtrembath

dtrembath replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

beauty ..... I spent a lot of time wading through AIP looking for some other reference(s) ... in the end I was convinced I was right ...

There was also a question in one of the exams which required the .9 HIAL addition for LOC/LLZ. I was aware of the past requirement and selected the answer the question was expecting (even though no longer valid).

:S Looking forward to a break .....

Regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dtrembath

Hi Bob

Now completed all the Cyber Exams.
However, 2 questions worried me .... I'm pretty sure I'm right, but answers indicarted otherwise. Can you please clarify.

1 Q1.png attachment

This question has 2 places for the 2230 arrival (assuming it is a 30 hour TAF ... 2324 is wrongly expressed I think). If you choose the 1st one then INTER in place and therefore 30 min + 20 min = 50 min.(this is what I chose).
If you take the ETA 2230 as the second one then all you'll need is the 20 minutes (Sydney requirement at that time). Can this be clarified or question fixed?

2. Q2.png attachment

According the the AIP (ENR 1.5 1.115.1 (page 11)) the reversal procedure HAS started and the triangle indicates max speed MUST be 140 knots. This is what I chose and answer wrong.
Can you please clarify?

3. IREX Book Page 3.57 Q27 .... surely with just ADF, DME and 1 @ VHF NV with GS then Sydney requires an alternate (immediately) as it has no NBD ... unless we are talking just IFR PVT or AWK ...!!!!

With many thanks
David

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

Because OZY has 2 x ILS, it qualifies for the special alternate minima. Therefore the INTER does not apply. You need only the traffic holding at Sydney.

The answer to the second question is 140 kt. There was a change in the AIP some time ago and that question has now been amended. Thanks for the feed-back.

By the way people, please don't post direct copies of the cyber exam questions on the forum. They are copyright.

Good luck for today David.

• dtrembath

Hi Bob

:ohmy: Sorry about the question upload ...have removed it ...

Did IREX today ... 88% ..... go to be happy I suppose.

Was pretty confident when I submitted exam ...a bit disappointed with the result though ..... KDR wasn't that helpful (apart from a 'complex' holding question I had some doubt over) as I thought I was pretty much in control .. must be the CASA words ... they really go out of their way to confuse and obviously successful to a degree ...

:laugh: Anyway ...that's it ..

Thanks for all your support and quick help ......

Look forward to catching up one day ....

Regards
David

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

That's great news David. Congratulations!! You're a bit hard to please if you reckon that 88 is a disappointing mark.. You should be rightly proud of that. Hope you keep in touch.

• Westcott
  • Topic Author

Westcott replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

:woohoo: Well done David... 88%
How can you not be happy as.....??!!!

Good job, Mark

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

:woohoo: Awesome David! Well done. A most heartfelt congratulations on an excellent result. After all that work and late hours studying, you deserve it.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds