Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Anatomy of eye

• DAH

DAH replied the topic: Anatomy of eye

Hi Bob,

I have HPL on Friday and wanted to try clarify one of the few remaining questions (I'm aware) I have.

The discrepancy still exists between the AFT and BT texts with ATF's ATPL HPL revision test 3 saying that night vision is enhanced by looking slightly off centre due to "the concentration of rods in the retinal periphery" and in your set 4 Q26 the correct answer is given as "...in the foveal periphery"

From the above it looks like the answer to Q26 should be d. Would you be able to clarify, I'm definitely going to get this question!?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• baddles

baddles replied the topic: Anatomy of eye

I found a medical review article which defines the "peripheral retina" as "the area of the retina outside the macula", and explains that it is "the part of the retina that provides peripheral vision". I guess that explains the terminology.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds