PRIVATE PILOT INTENSIVE
With Bob Hamilton
Bob Tait is pleased to offer an intensive entry level two week basic aviation theory course for those interested in taking up a professional career in civil aviation.
The course assumes no prior knowledge or experience of operational aviation.
Taught at a professional level and to a professional standard, the course will cover the following subject areas:
- Basic communication in the aviation environment - How we talk to each other
- Basic aerodynamics - Why airplanes fly
- Engines, systems and instruments - What keeps airplanes in the air
- Aircraft performance - What airplanes can and cannot do
- Rules of the Air - How we safely operate in a hostile operational environment
- Basic Meteorology - the hostile operational environment
- Introduction to Navigation - How we get from one place to another
The course will also strongly emphasise and students will encounter, understand and begin to develop the professional safety culture and practices essential to operating in a safety conscious aviation environment.
Completion of the course is a first step toward gaining the professional qualifications needed for a career in operational aviation and at the end of the course the student will have the knowledge and understanding needed to pass the written examination for a Private Pilot Licence set out by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
The course includes access to the three untimed and one timed Exam preps.
The course fee is $2400 (incl. GST) and a deposit of $500.00 is required to secure your booking. Students will require Bob Tait's RPL and PPL textbooks which are not included in the cost of the course.
When can I start?
Course dates and enrolment forms can be found via the menu modules on the right or you can go direct to the enrolment form by clicking here.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you upon receipt of this enrolment form.