Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Position Fix GNSS fly over point

• linc90
  • Topic Author

linc90 created the topic: Position Fix GNSS fly over point

Hi Rich/Bob

Online book

On page 329 question 13 about positon fix can it says that it is D 348nm but the working provided says that it is 6.39x45nm 288nm ?

Also on Page 266 question 3 it ask want is the fly over waypoint I said (D) MAPT because it has the star with a circle around it, where the final appoint fix does not it says that I was wrong ?

Cheers
Linc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Position Fix GNSS fly over point

Hi Linc

If you have another look at the working for Question 13, you will see that 288nm is the distance from the last positive fix to the destination at B. The question asks for the distance from A to B. The last positive fix is 60nm out from A (the rated coverage of the VOR and DME at A). That makes the maximum distance from A to B 288 + 60 = 348nm.

The final approach fix will always be a fly over point since you must maintain a straight line track from there to the runway. I take your point that it is not depicted as a final a fly over point on the chart. I don't know why that is.

Bob

• linc90
  • Topic Author

linc90 replied the topic: Position Fix GNSS fly over point

Thanks that clears things up in regards to the final approach fix sounds logical

Cheers Bob

Linc

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds