Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

stanley1985 created the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Hi all

I am studying for my ppl cyber exam. I am curious about the number of questions that are allocated to each section, eg, how many questions for meterology, how many questions for air law and etc?

I have asked this because I recognized my own weaknesses are in met and air law, and I want to find out if these 2 sections are heavily tested in the exam.

Also, may I know, what items are required for the exam? Eg maps, publications, flight computer etc

Thank you all for your time.

Stanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Hi Stanley,

We have no way of knowing the numbers of questions per area as the exams are a lucky dip from the CASA question banks with selections from different sections. It is safe to assume marks are fairly evenly spread across all areas. One thing is for sure, the multi mark questions are in performance with some in navigation as well.

If you recognise weaknesses in Met and Air Law I would strongly recommend holding off on the exam until you feel up to speed on them. You can't afford to be behind the 8-ball on two sections of the exam before you even start.

Here is the link to the PPL exam page at CASA:
www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90058

The items you need for the exam are outlined on the CASA website here:
www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90074

Good luck with the studies!

Cheers,

Rich

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

stanley1985 replied the topic: Number of questions for each section in ppl exam

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

By the way, can I attempt the ppl exam at anytime during my training? Or must I wait till I have completed a navigation flight before I attempt?

Is there a validity period for the ppl exam result? Or is it perpetual like the license, subject to a biennial review?

Thank you.

• Richard

Hi Stanley,

The PPL can be taken almost any time in your training. At the moment the one restriction is you must have a BAK exam pass stamped in your log book. This BAK exam is administered by your local flying school. Once you have passed the PPL theory exam, the pass is valid indefinitely. Completing some navigation exercises will make it easier for you to work through the Navigation and Performance sections of the PPL syllabus because you will have had practical experience. However, cross country flights are not a requirement for sitting the theory exam.

Cheers,

Rich

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

Hi Rich

Thank you for your confirmation.

I am in the midst of doing the sample ppl questions at the back of the ppl book. May I know why the answer for q63 is 1050kg?

Thank you.

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

Also, for qn8, why is the answer a? In controlled airspace, shouldn't the min vertical SEP from cloud be 500m in class d?

Thank you .

• Richard

Hi Stanley,

Well spotted, Q63 is an errata. I worked it and get about 980m so we will change the answer options as follows:
(a) 800 kg
(b) 900 kg
(c) 980 kg
(d) 1050 kg

As for question 8, the question states you are flying OCTA (outside controlled airspace). Since you are below 3000ft you can use the reduced cloud separation minima of "Clear of Cloud" but just remember you will need to have a VHF radio and maintain a listening watch while operating with those reduced minima. Also, the vertical cloud separation is given in feet so in Class D it is 500ft below cloud (not 500m).

Cheers,

Rich

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

Hello Richard!

Thank you for your reply!

Now that the part 61 has been postponed, I will need to get my gfpt before my ppl.

Is there a way to bypass the gfpt and go direct to PPL? Will it be cheaper this way?

Thank you.

• Richard

Hi Stanley,

No, you cannot bypass the GFPT as it is a prerequisite for solo navigation flights and you need solo nav time before you qualify for your PPL flight test.

Cheers,

Rich

• stanley1985
  • Topic Author

Hi Richard

Thank you for your reply.

Anyway, I am waiting for my ASIC and spl from casa. In the meantime, is it advisable for me to carry on with my training, and then come back to do my first solo, or to take a rest from now till I get the things from casa? I am at flapless approach now.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds