Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you are studying for your BAK or PPL exams and need some help, please post your question here. Someone on the forum is bound to help you as soon as they can.

Loading system bravo exam 2 page 10

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

boeing777mark created the topic: Loading system bravo exam 2 page 10

Hi guys please please help as I am stunned on this bravo question, it's on page 10 exam 2 , the cyber practise exams that have been purchased!! Please tell me how the new condition comes in at 1805 lbs with a moment index of 157. It's either I have done way to much studying today or my brain has just turned of for a bit

Cheers
Captain mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Loading system bravo exam 2 page 10

Hi Mark,

No you are not going mad, it looks like there's a misprint in the workings for that question. I'll take a closer look at it and correct it on Monday. I see you got the right answer though so good on you!

By the way, since you are adding weight with a fixed fuel load, you would have to re-check your ZFW CofG position with the new loading to be thorough. It is possible with some aircraft to add all that weight to bring you up to MTOW only to find you have put yourself out again at ZFW.

Cheers,

Rich

• Richard

Mark, I have updated that answer now. Please take a look and see if that clears everything up for you.

Cheers,

Rich

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

boeing777mark replied the topic: Loading system bravo exam 2 page 10

Hi Richard

Thanks for the update, yeah i didnt realise that your COG could be out at ZFW but still be in at max Takroff so I am just going over your method because it differs abit from mine, but glad we got the same answer

Cheers for the update Richard, appreciate all your hard efforts

Kind Regards
Mark Chetcuti

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

just spotted another mistake, the new all up weight including fuel should equal 2200 LBS but you have equaled it to 2026 without adding fuel, just being a bit picky now Rich haha

Cheers

• Richard

Hi Mark,

That will teach me to update questions when tired eh. Sorry about that, I'll fix that typo.

The problem with being out at zero fuel weight and in at all-up is not so much of a problem with Alpha, Bravo and Charlie but it is a different story when you meet the Echo at CPL level. You will see she has no end of loading gotchas.

Apart from that, it is actually a legal obligation to check the weight and balance at ZFW and all-up weight.

Cheers,

Rich

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

Hi Rich

I have been looking at the echo aircraft lately on my cpl performance that i ordered, seems pretty straight forward atm but def a lot more to consider!! Mate appreciate you getting back to me so quick, just thought I would stir you up a bit :)

Cheers mate

• Richard

Hi Mark,

Just checked it out and found it isn't a typo. The 2026 is the new ZFW we get after adding the 301lbs to Row 2. The new all up weight is still 2200lbs but we are talking about ZFW in that part of the solution :)

Cheers,

Rich

• boeing777mark
  • Topic Author

Hi Rich

Even we're it says new ZFW 2026 plus fuel = 174 then says all up weight still equals 2026, Is that still right, just thought I would ask mate

Cheers Rich

• Richard

Right you are Mark - all fixed now (I hope ;) ). Silly copy paste error that one - thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds