Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Not done with flying yet.

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Mister W created the topic: Not done with flying yet.

Hello. I'm Darren. I'm an Areis. I enjoy long walks, dinners by the fire........oops, wrong forum. Just kidding! :laugh:
I was a flying instructor up until a couple of years ago when I lost my medical. I stumbled across this forum, read a few posts and stories and thought this looks like a good one to join. I liked that it doesn't have the negativity and clicky groups like other forums and we are all here to learn. Aeronautical theory is subject that is still close to my heart and would like to share some of my past experiences as both a student and instructor.

My career spanned over 20 years starting on a small country airfield with a skinny gravel and grass strip and ended as CFI and Chief Pilot of Large metro flying school. I flew alsorts aircraft in Charter ops and had the pleasure of flying warbirds doing adventure flights for 7 wonderful years. I found Bob's books to be a very good reference for my students and a refresher for myself with some of the memory problems I had to overcome.

Anyway. Enough about me. Glad to be onboard.

Kind regards,
Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Not done with flying yet.

Welcome Darren!

It is fantastic to have someone of your experience on here. We'll do our best here to scratch your aviation itch mate ;) They are a good bunch on here so please feel free to jump in anytime, answering questions, posting stories/photos or pretty much anything that takes your fancy.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums or, if you are out Redcliffe way, please feel free to drop in and say "Hi" and grab a coffee.

Cheers,

Rich

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Mister W replied the topic: Not done with flying yet.

Thanks Richard!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Not done with flying yet.

Darren

And a big welcome from me too! It would be a thrill flying warbirds. One of the instructors I trained and who worked for me years ago is involved in the war bird movement in Mareeba in North Queensland. He sometimes sends me photos of him flying the P40. I''m sure he only does it to make me jealous!! Great to know you are on board mate - hope to hear from you regularly. How about some pics.......

Bob

• Mister W
  • Topic Author

Mister W replied the topic: Not done with flying yet.

Thanks Bob. Love you books. Very practical.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds