Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Howdy!

• CANCEL SARTIME
  • Topic Author

CANCEL SARTIME created the topic: Howdy!

My name’s Michael and I hail from Griffith NSW. I began in the RAA machines six years ago at the tender age of 15. Started as a bit of fun, something to blow my pocket money on but one thing led to another and I recently became the CFI of the RAA school.

Bob, your BAK, PPL and CPL books are absolutely fantastic. The language used is simple and easy to understand and the diagrams are clear and concise. I also think it’s great that you and your team take the time to help out those of us on the ‘long, lonely slog.’

So far I’ve completed AGK, aero and met and I have Nav coming up on Tuesday so I’ve spent the past few weeks haunting these forums looking for hints and tips.

Looking forward to having these exams behind me, thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Howdy!

Gidday Michael,

It's good to see you are well on the way with the CPL study. I note with interest that you are the CFI of an RAA school. I happen to be in the process of writing a book for the RAA Pilot Certificate and associated endorsements similar to the current BAK and PPL books. There is a lot of material common to both GAA and RAA, but there are some important differences too. I would appreciate any comments you might have - maybe by e-mail.

By the way, Griffith holds many fond memories for me. Throughout the 80s and 90s the Australian Aerobatic Club held their national championships at Griffith and I flew my Pitts S1 down there on many occasions. Nice town with some rather good red wine and Italian restaurants. Had a lot of fun there!!!

Cheers

Bob

• CANCEL SARTIME
  • Topic Author

CANCEL SARTIME replied the topic: Re: Howdy!

Yes I remember seeing the Pitts in your met book, looks like a fun machine! You are correct in saying that there are some important differences between RAA and GA and I will get in touch with you via email. The RAA fraternity is in desperate need of a BAK book tailored specifically to recreational aircraft, i’m looking forward to seeing it!

Thanks mate,

Mike.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds