Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

I'm Back....

• Bungee
  • Topic Author

Bungee created the topic: I'm Back....

Crikey... it has been a while since I logged in.... after completing 3 of my CPL exams I started to question why I was doing it... I am nearly 40 and have a good business that allows me to fly 40-50 hours a year PPL and started the CPL with a desire to help others how to fly. I just got back from an outback flyaway and for some reason, I was inspired to finish my CPL subjects... I think deep down I would really enjoy instructing 2 or 3 days a week... so I am going to persevere and get these done...
Now from I understand, I have 3 years from my first exam sit (30/06/2011) so I should still be fine as long as I complete the other 4 exams and pass them by 30/06/2014? Is there a requirement to have sat the actual flight test and have a class 1 medical by then too... or can the later two be done after as long as the exams were finished?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: I'm Back....

Hi Bungee. Bob or Richard may be able to provide more on this but my understanding is that all subjects are for life. I do not believe there is any time limit on these. I had them for over a year before I did my flight test (last week), so I'd imagine you'll be fine.

CAR 5.104 (1) (c) sums it up. All it says is that you must have passed, not in any time frame.

Good luck.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: I'm Back....

Hi Bungee,

Yes, as long as you pass all subjects within 3 years your theory passes will stick with you so there is no real limit on when to do your test. Most people get the medical early on though since it makes sense to ensure you qualify for the Class One before you go to all the hassle and expense of finishing off your subjects and the flight test.

Good luck with it and shout if we can help!

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds