Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Starting out, where to from here

• DRM
  • Topic Author

DRM created the topic: Starting out, where to from here

Hello Everyone,

I am returning to the Aviation fold having completed a CPL course in NZ way back in the '80s. I ran out of funds but not desire and it has been the cause of my insanity to have left my return this long. I completed a 3 mth CPL theory course with Wally Wagtendonk at the Nelson Aviation College. Wally passed the baton to Andy Smith many years ago but he was an awesome teacher. More fool me for not following it through back then.

Bob, I have known of and read your work for many years so I was thrilled to see your training base at Redcliffe when I was out there this morning on a scouting mission. Couple of questions though:

Once I have purchased your books (BAK/PPL) do you offer any casual type sessions for those unable to make the full time classes. I note you are working on an on-line course but that does not yet appear to be available. Is the PPL course far off?

I called in at the Redcliffe Aeroclub and was surprised to learn that they do not really provide a Ground School. I imagine they have some basic theory sessions as they charge $1800 for instructor time in the course of getting your licence but I am concerned that this might not be enough. They recommended you by the way.

I would love to be able to use my original log book from NZ, do you know if this is permitted/allowed/current in QLD?

I look forward to receiving your theory books and to successfully completing that aspect of my licence.

Thanks
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Starting out, where to from here

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forums and good on you for getting back into flying. It doesn't leave you any rest does it - a need that will not be denied :)

You should be able to continue using your NZ logbook as long as it is of a standard format but confirm that with the school with whom you resume your flying training.

The PPL online course is a long way off I'm afraid. We've revamped the BAK/PPL full time course and the new material lends itself to an online presentation so it is not as far off as before. If you are wanting casual theory instruction instead of a full time class, Ben Harris may be able to help you. Give him a call on 0407027596. He's a good bloke and might be able to give you some time.

Cheers,

Rich

• DRM
  • Topic Author

DRM replied the topic: Re: Starting out, where to from here

Thanks Rich, I will give Ben a call once I've had a look at the theory books.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds