Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site or if you are having problems with any our products e.g. books, cyberexams or the website, please use this forum to let us know. Technical questions on subjects can be posted to the "Questions and Answers" section below.

IREX Sylabus and part 61

• DanBay
  • Topic Author

DanBay created the topic: IREX Sylabus and part 61

Hi Bob, first of all thanks to your ongoing contribution to young and young at heart aviators. I've been using your textbook along side class work for the IREX.Your update on part 61 was very helpful.

I understand that the CAO 40.2.1 which contained the IREX sylabus is now obsolete does this mean the syllabus now does not apply as it appears in the CAOs? Is there a new copy of the syllabus in the part 61 regs?

I notice the regs made mention of a manual of standards. Where is this located and is the syllabus in this perhaps?

many thanks.

Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: IREX Sylabus and part 61

Hi Dan,

The entire IREX syllabus is contained in the Manual of Standards (MOS) for part 61. You can find all the MOS' at the CASA website:
www.comlaw.gov.au/Search/Manual%20of%20Standards
And the Part 61 MOS can be downloaded here:
www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L01102/Download
You need Volume 2, Appendix 2 for the IREX material. There is also a list of the Instrument Rating units described in Volume 1.
Cheers,
Rich

• DanBay
  • Topic Author

DanBay replied the topic: IREX Sylabus and part 61

Thanks Richard, quite helpful.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds