Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site or if you are having problems with any our products e.g. books, cyberexams or the website, please use this forum to let us know. Technical questions on subjects can be posted to the "Questions and Answers" section below.

Online Textbooks

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

captainellzy created the topic: Online Textbooks

Bob & Co.,

Just a thought as I was pottering around looking at sample pages from your books on the main site, have you ever thought about publishing your books completely, online? Students would pay for them just as they do your cyber exams.

I was just sitting there thinking 'This is much easier to read'.. This would obviously cause a few problems I imagine (file sharing comes to mind.. yes you can share a book, but at least you can sell a book too).

So yeah, just a question as to whether it ever came up as an option when writing your books?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Online Textbooks

Michael

Yes we have considered the cyber option. In fact we are now engaged in a project to present all of the courses as on-line courses. This will be much more than just an electronic text. It will include audio-visual lesson presentations and video footage along with interactive progress tests etc. Not ready for marketing yet, but Richard and I are working hard to get it ready.

Bob

Bob

• Todd

Todd replied the topic: Re: Online Textbooks

I would love to see the books for sale as Ibooks from the apple store. I would pay very good money to have such awesome texts on my iphone. Just imagine having the entire CPL course in your pocket all the time!
Regards
Todd

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Online Textbooks

That would be great Bob, seems thats the way everything is going. I'm sure you will get a brilliant response to the video/audio visual presentation. Much like how King Schools do it in the States.

Cheers

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Online Textbooks

So far the feedback from instructors who have seen the demo has been fantastic. Bob, Lee and I did a flying school/Pilot supplier promo tour back in April and showed off the demo course in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. As Bob said, we're now trying hard to get these courses out and available as soon as we can.

Sometimes a 36-hour day just isn't enough ;)

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

Well you've certainly got me rubbing my hands together! Can't wait to see it in action

• Richard

That's the spirit mate. Watch out or we'll make you a beta tester! :laugh:

We'll be making some demo's available soon for users registered on this site. We will also need a rake of guinea-pig students to work through the first course (CPL Performance) later in the year. Their job will be to help us iron out the bugs and hopefully give some feedback on where we can improve it.

Our presenation style won't be like the Kings though. We want the online courses to be a companion for students using the books; placing it mid-way between the textbook-only approach and Bob's full-time courses.

As such, the online presentation follows the content of Bob's in-house classes very closely. Forums and mentoring facilities will be included too. We aim to make it as close to a real class as possible so it should appeal most to students who can't attend for whatever reason and yet dread the thought of studying in isolation with just a textbook for company.

I'll get a demo presentation ready as soon as time permits. Perhaps simply a screencast of the demo we showed off would be enough of a teaser to start with...

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

Please do! I'd be up for testing anytime, so if you want to include me I'm putting my hand up now.

Seriously it sounds like a really good approach (the whole intermediate thing between text only and classes).. You guys will be even more the 'go to' guys for pilot theory :)

• Richard

Cool, OK. As I said, we're not ready for "guinea-pigs" yet but when we get closer to the time, I'll let you know and you can tell us if you still want to. Thanks for the offer to help. It's much appreciated :)

• timbo

timbo replied the topic: Re:Online Textbooks

This option really interests me... as I will be self studying the majority of my subjects... any news on an expected start date for guinea pigs??

Tim

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds