Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

review questions set 2

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy created the topic: review questions set 2

Hi Bob, rich and whoever else is reading...
The question i have relates to the question number 4 in the latest edition book.

You are to conduct a private flight into a remote area without an elt. Which condition applies?

The answer in the book says (D) the flight must not be greater than 50nm.

I see the correct answer as being (B) must nominate sartime or leave flt note AND the flt must be less than 50nm.

Is my interpretation of AIP ENR 1.10.2.11 wrong? Because the way i see it according to that reference, if the flt is RPT or CHTR or over water or if flt is in DRA or at night beyond more than 120nm then you need submit a sartime or leave a flt note.

Is this correct or does it only apply to flts that are either RPT or CHTR that go over water, go into DRA, at night beyoned more than 120nm etc....

Hope i havent confused you all too! lol

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: review questions set 2

Rossy

The most correct answer is indeed the one you have chosen. You must at least leave a flight note and the flight must be less than 50nm. The question was recently changed when there was a change in DRA requirements but somehow the answer did not get changed. Thanks for you feed-back. I'll change the answer in the next print.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy replied the topic: Re: review questions set 2

Thanks for straightening that out for me bob, was convinced i was going crazy!
One more question (so far) for you or richard...

Q21 in sample question set 2 on page 3.17 of the latest edition book. I get answer C and cant understand why you have the answer B. The reference of CAO 48 para 3.1 is also incorrect.

The way i see it, the latest lmt at which the tour of duty must be completed is 0700, which is 11 hrs after he startd (2000LMT) and i cant figure out why in the book it says its 0600.

Thanks in advance.

Ah, on second thoughts the reference may be correct... but please explain how you get the answer please. Thanks.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

One more question. For question 28 sample question set 4 on p 3.24 the answer given in the book is D. i think that there is a typo in the answer as the req vis is 5000m not 600m. Is this correct?

Thanks

Also, the reference for q 1 revision set 5 gives the answer as aip enr 1.2 para 2.11.14 etc but i think it needs to be changed to aip enr 1.14 para 3.2.1 o.

The question says that you commenced a period of reserve time at home at 7000 and you were called to commence duty at 2000 - that's 13 hours that you have been on reserve.

CAO 48.0 para 3.1 says the time from the commencement of a period of reserve time at home to the end of a tour of duty must not exceed 23 hours.

So the tour of duty commenced at 2000 must end 10hours later at 0600.

Both of those have already been found and changed in our latest issue. Thanks for your feed-back it is much appreciated.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

Hey Bob, thanks for your replies. Now, one last question for you if i may...

Air Law practice exam number 2, question number 6.

Answer D says receipt of sarwatch cancelation, however the question is asking about a sartime aircraft. In the AIP ENR 1.1.51.1 the heading is Cancellation of sarwatch other than sartime... Cancelation of sartime comes under ENR 1.1.51.2 so shouldnt the asnwer D be receipt of cancelation of sartime to be correct??

Hope im not just confused.

Thanks

Actually it is usually accepted that the phrase 'SARWATCH' refers to both 'FULL SAR' i.e. IFR aircraft and 'SARTIME' aircraft. However AIP 1.1 para 51.1 does differentiate 'SARTIME' as being separate from "SARWATCH". I must admit I have never notice it until now. I'm sure it is a relatively recent change. Thanks for the feedback I'll change the answer from 'SARWATCH' to 'SARTIME'.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

Thanks for all your help bob, couldn't have got this far without your books and your help here in the forums. I have my exam tomorrow afternoon so fingers crossed. I'll let you know how i go. Last CPL exam for me too.

Rossy

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: review questions set 2

Good luck Rossy! Nearly there mate!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds